Isaiah was presented with a $1,000 check from the CFCU. Isaiah was awarded our scholarship after receiving the most votes from the CFCU board members that reviewed the scholarship submissions.
Isaiah’s essay contained the following statement: “I have learned from my family it is important to build your credit up. You need to pay your bills on time. If you don’t, it can destroy your credit score and history. Once you destroy your credit it is hard to get it back to normal and will mess up your purchasing power.”
Dena Miller, CEO of the CFCU believes Isaiah’s statements are a great example of the importance of good financial choices. Credit Unions try to help their membership in all financial areas, such as rewarding improved credit scores by lowering interest rates on existing loans or providing information about increasing credit scores for our members. The CFCU is open to Jeld-Wen employees, retirees and members of their immediate families.
Dena noted, “Congratulations to Isaiah and the CFCU wishes all graduates success in college and all your future endeavors.”
- Office procedures:
- IF YOU ARE SICK….. DO NOT ENTER, PLEASE CALL US TO HANDLE YOUR TRANSACTIONS.
- MASKS ARE RECOMMENDED, but no longer required.
- The CFCU will limit the number of members in the CU office to a 2-member maximum. If you come to the office and see cars in the parking lot, we ask that you stay in your vehicle until a member leaves the premises.
- Please Sanitize your hands when you enter the CU office.
- Simply call ahead and we will bring your withdrawal to your vehicle.
Primary phone number 570-265-8410
If we don’t answer or the line is busy on the primary phone due to helping other members simply call 570-268-9006
Thank you for your understanding during this difficult time.
The CFCU Board of Directors and Staff